First-Year Students: Redeem Your Copy of the 2021-22 Common Reading book
In fall 2021, all incoming first-year students on the Pullman campus will be receiving a free digital copy of the 2021-22 common reading book, Tales of Two Americas.
The Google Play service is being used to deliver books to students who are eligible. Students were emailed a redemption code on Aug. 20, 2021 that they can use to redeem a digital copy of the book in the Google Play store. Their digital copy of Tales of Two Americas can then be read from within in the Google Play web app. These free book copies are provided to students thanks to the support of the Office of the Provost.
Where Do I Find My Redemption code?
An email was sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the official WSU email account of eligible first-year students on the Pullman campus on Aug. 20, 2021. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, we recommend that you check your spam folder. If you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Do I Need to Get My Digital Copy?
You will need a Google Account to sign into Google Play store and redeem and read your copy of the book.
How To Redeem Your Copy of the Book
- Step 1: Find the email we sent you that contains your redemption code for the book. The email was sent to your official WSU email account and the image below shows what it looks like. When you find it and open it, you will see a link to the Google Play store inside it.
- Step 2: Visit the link in the email to go to the Google Play store. The link has the redemption code embedded in it. If you are already logged in to your Google account, then when you use the link to visit the Google Play store, you should see the screen shown below asking you to add a copy of the book to your Google Play library. If you are not yet logged in, you will see the screen after logging into Google as prompted. Finally, if you are having trouble with the link, see below for further instructions.
- Step 3: Select the Add to Library button to redeem your copy of the book. After selecting the button (shown in the screenshot above in step 2), the page will reload and you should see the screen shown below that indicates the book has been added to your library.
- Step 4: Select the Read button to start reading your redeemed copy of the book in Google Play. You can also read the book later by logging back in to Google Play. First, visit the Books link found in Google Play’s primary navigation menu. Then select the My Books link that will appear in primary navigation on the next page to find and read your book.
What to Try if the Link Does Not Work
If you encounter difficulty when using the link provided in the email to redeem your digital copy of Tales of Two Americas, then we suggest entering the redemption code manually in Google Play:
- Step 1: Log in to Google Play with your Google account and select the Redeem option from the primary navigation menu. This will cause a modal prompt to appear in which you can manually enter the redemption code you received to claim your free digital copy of the book.
- Step 2: Manually enter the redemption code, which should be printed in your email, into the prompt and select the “Redeem” button. This should add Tales of Two Americas to your Google Play library, and you can read or export the book from there.
Of course, if all else fails, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance!